Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013

I'm thankful for a week of beautiful sunshine and warmth during a week that I've actually been able to just sit and enjoy it. Taking time to rest and relax has been a beautiful blessing this week.

While sitting out on the balcony in the sunshine on New Year's Eve, one of my roommates asked me what happened in 2013. Suddenly, I could remember exactly where I was on December 31, 2012 and it hit me just how much has happened this year.
At the beginning of 2013 I was despairing, depressed. I had hit bottom and had no where to go but up, with no strength to do the climbing. I remember the first Sunday of the year, I walked into church having prayed a prayer that said something along the lines of, "God I need you to show me that you're here with me and that I'm not all alone." I found myself curled into a ball in the bathroom hallway with a stranger trying to soothe the tears as I was overwhelmed by God's response of love, compassion and warmth to me. That was before the sermon had even started. 
That was the beginning of 2013 for me. 
2013 was a year of experiences, revelations, victories, reminders, learning and blessing.
God didn't stop after that one service. He gave me time soak up the truth of what he had revealed to me. A month later, he started the work. He reminded me what love is, what forgiveness is, what healing is. This process went all the way through the summer, if not up to the present. Relationships have been restored and strengthened, while others have been let go with the trust that God is still working them out. Personally, I see a greater confidence in who I am in Christ, and who he created me to be. I've had a hunger awakened in me to not just know more, but to be more about Him.

If I took the time to sit a share every God moment that has happened in 2013, no one would  read this blog. There's just too much to share! And that's just of the moments that I've recognized. I know there are those that I've missed and those that have not yet been fully revealed either. 
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but God is good. I wasn't particularly sad to see the end of 2013, but neither was there a sense of relief that comes at the end of a trial. Rather, His peace has settled my heart in the most uncertain of matters. To be certain, God has never left me alone and never once did he fail to come through in my time of need. 
2014 holds the promise of growth, His continued work and more blessings to come. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment