Friday, December 28, 2012

Will you hear me?


God
Will you hear me God?
Will you listen to one who scoffs at the sacrifice of your son?
Would you turn your ear to one who would believe a lie?
God, do you hear my cry?
I don’t have words to express the pain that I feel
I only know that you promised to carry me through these times.
Where are you?
I’ve stood on the promise that you will never leave nor forsake me.
Why am I standing alone?
Not even standing
Stumbling on my face
Desperately trying
To hold on to your grace
Slipping
Clawing
Crying for help.
Out of breath I stop to regain my ground
I look around
Nothing
Reaching out for anything to tell me that I matter
My soul is crying out for the touch of the Master.
God I need you.
Without you I am nothing.
There is no purpose
No joy to this life
I’m sinking,
Drowning
Under waves of this world’s storms.
Believing the lies that
I am unloved
Uncared for
Worthless.

But you
Sent your son as a baby
To walk this road to Calvary.
He bled and died in atonement for me.
I could never achieve righteousness on my own
You sent your son Jesus to lead me to your throne.
But will you hear me now God?
Will you hear my cries now?
At your feet do I humbly bow before you
With nothing to offer
but broken pieces of a filthy life.
Will you hear my plea Lord and hold me close?
Even youths grow weary.
Raise me up on wings like eagles
And let me rest securely again
In you.

No comments:

Post a Comment