Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thank you and more

Your prayers have been felt and appreciated. From the depths of my heart, "THANK YOU" to all of you who have been praying for healing for me.
My foot is still out of commission and I'm still hobbling around on crutches. But I was able to get some time off of work last week so as to help speed up the recovery process a bit. I go back tomorrow morning, and we'll see how well I can stay off of it.
Attitude-wise, I'm overall doing much better than I was when I wrote to you all last week. However, I've still had my moments of discouragement. Especially over the last couple of nights. I had a bit of a realization last night. I as I was trying to communicate to my roommate how absolutely horrible I felt about this whole situation, it dawned on me that throughout the week I was hopeful that I'd be able to go back to work this Monday with a healed foot and life would be normal again. Instead, as the weekend came and passed, my foot decided to play games with me - it pretends like it's fine and then I try to walk [lightly] on it and it starts shooting severe shots of pain through my leg for the rest of the day. What I realized is that my unmet expectations have horribly dampened my attitude. 
I told my roommate last night that I've been praying for healing without a timetable because I dare not give Him a deadline, but apparently that's exactly what I did. And now that the deadline has passed and complete healing has not happened my mind has switched over to worse-case scenarios that say I'm going to be stuck on crutches for a while. 

I don't know what's going to happen with my foot. It may be a while before I'm able to walk normal again. Then again, maybe it'll just be a few more days. What I do know is that God is still at work around me even now, and even in this condition I have been positioned to hear His voice and respond. If necessary, He'll use this to further His plan and it will still be considered good. 

To those of you who are still keeping me in prayer, thank you. I'd like to ask that you pray for my ability to hear His voice in all of this. As well as for energy and strength to get around as I go back to work, and wisdom to make good choices. And of course, I'd like to walk again. :)
I feel the prayers covering. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment