Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm in love.


One of the most beautiful things I've come to appreciate about this life I live alongside the I Am is His ability to make you fall more in love with Him in the most unexpected ways. I'd like to take a moment to be transparent with you... 

Over the last few months I have struggled majorly with the feeling/concept of being rejected, being abandoned by someone I love very much - my father. 
"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. Psa 34:17"
This isn't me being "all religious", this is my heart....I called out to Him and He answered me. But He didn't just answer me. He's gone far beyond that. No He's continued to pursue me despite the fact that I like to convince myself that I'm "ok". In His patience He waited 'til I was able to listen, but He has since made two things very clear to me: He loves me enough to pursue healing when I'm too proud to ask for it, and He is the one who has filled my heart with love for my father. 
He has brought me back to a point where I can enjoy the love I have for him despite the fact that he has chosen not to be a part of my life at this point in time. 

I don't know if you're getting this, but this is HUGE for me. It still hurts. I long for my dad to accept me back and I'm certainly praying for restoration between he and I. But the fact that God has been able to show me again a glimpse at His love for His creation by enabling me to feel true, unconditional, and sometimes unrequited love is both humbling and encouraging. 
This vacation has been a blessing in a number of ways, but the greatest thing to happen to me was to fall in love with my father all over again, and in the process fall deeper in love with my Abba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment